Big Thompson and Pacific Northwest Videos

I've been slaving away nonstop, only taking breaks to eat and go to the bathroom, and I am happy to report that the video edit from the Big Thompson this fall is finally done.

The Big Thompson is one of my favorite training runs. It is far more difficult than it is dangerous, and it's not very safe. The rapids are very continuous, but the creek is small enough that if you swim you can get out without too much trouble. You can bash your way down it without being exactly on line, but you can definitely tell when you're running the smooth line and when you're out of control. It's only about an hour from my house, too, which is the same distance away as the Poudre. On top of all that, since it's dam release, the best flows usually happen in the late fall, when everything else in the state is totally dry.

Most of the moves are fast linked small moves, but there are a couple big power boofs mixed in there. Since we usually go up there and run several laps, the creek can be kind of a jumble, so I haven't put the rapids in any particular order. This is definitely not a video guide, it's just us having fun.

Filmed almost entirely on a GoPro HD hero.

Within just a few hours of me finishing my Big Thompson edit, Chase Nobles also finished his edit from our trip to the Pacific Northwest. Since I lost the GoPro on Metlako, I didn't have quite as much footage as I would have liked, but my footage mixed in with Chase's made for a really good video. Enjoy:

What? Vimeo, don't hate. Apparently Mr. Fancypants here can embed in HD but I can't. We'll just see about that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slave flood!

Fitz to Smith Bump and Grind Edition 2017

Cool things to do with your GoPro